Back from the Dead
It’s been a while.
It’s been a little over a year since I posted an update. I’ve been super busy with life. I moved into an apartment in new city, then bought a house and moved into that. Thankfully, I’m done moving for a long time. I’ve had enough of boxes. So many boxes.
I have been able to work on Spacedust here and there, but never had enough time to post about what I was doing. Things I’ve done since the last release:
- Completely redo terrain generation.
- Reorganize the entire code repository because it was getting really cluttered.
- Completely change my dev environment to use better tools.
- Add frame buffers to the game engine so I can draw maps really fast.
- Create all new terrain textures to better suit what I’m aiming for with terrain.
- Fix some really freaking weird random bugs.
And now I’m working on redoing how planets are drawn in space because it doesn’t match the terrain anymore. As soon as I finish that, I can release a new alpha version.
It’s been a bit of a rabbit hole. I want to work on adding plants, but that means having the terrain generation more fleshed out. That meant adding rock, new terrain textures, and completely new terrain generation. Then that led to needing a better way to generate maps, and now needing new planet textures. Which also led me to redo planet generation parameters.
I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I can finally start populating my planets with plants.